BOOKTOBERFEST is Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Featuring K-5 fun with…
Book Walk Tactile Room Monster Glyphs
Journal Making Reader’s Theatre
Columbus Metropolitan Library
Metro Parks Naturalist Jen Rosa Mystery Readers!
Literacy Exploration on iPads and Laptops
The Capital Area Humane Society The Rusty Bucket Pickle
Scholastic Book Fair Buying day is all day on 10/15!
Kids can make purchases during the day or your family can come after school from 3:15-8:00pm. Raffle tickets for sale to win a huge basket of books! (Proceeds got toward iPad minis for the media center!)
Friday, October 10, is Picture Retake Day!!!!
If you have a student who has already had their picture taken and you would like to have the picture retaken, please send the packet of pictures that you want replaced with them on Friday.
If your student was absent or you did not order at the beginning of the year, you can have their picture taken on Friday.
There are order forms in the office for your convenience. If you have any questions, please call the office at 921-5300.
Britton and Norwich Elementary schools are participating in the International Walk-to-School Day on Wednesday, October 8th.
Walk to School Day events raise awareness of the need to create safer routes for walking and bicycling and emphasize the importance of issues such as increasing physical activity among children, pedestrian safety, traffic congestion and concern for the environment. The events build connections between families, schools and the broader community.
Join us at one of the following locations to walk as a group:
– 7:55AM at Dexter Falls Park (departing by 8:05)
– 8:05AM at Davidson High School (departing by 8:15)
– 8:15AM at Norwich Fire Station 83, 4283 Davidson Rd. (departing by 8:25)
For the safety of our children, please follow the guidelines listed below and share this information with anyone that will be dropping off or picking your child up.
• During 8:35‐8:50 and 3:15‐3:35 (Bus Drop off and pick‐up), enter the school parking lot using the Britton Access Road between Britton Elementary and Norwich Elementary. During this time the entrance nearest to Britton Elementary School is for buses only.
• Students may enter the building at 8:35 a.m. Staff members are not on duty to monitor students before this time. Parents entering after 8:50 with students must come in the main entrance and check in at the office.
• Wait in the car and daycare line along the parking lot until a staff member signals for cars to pull forward after the busses have unloaded/loaded and exited the loading lane.
• Follow the signals of the staff members on duty to enter the loading lane. We unload/load students between the two green safety men. Pull as far forward as possible to allow us to have four vehicles in the loading zone in front of the main crosswalk.
• When you have dropped off or picked up your student in the loading lane, please exit the parking lot using the access road between Britton Elementary and Norwich Elementary.
• If you would like to walk your child to the door, please park in a parking space not blocking and not behind any other parked car. Walk your child to the school using the main / middle crosswalk. Students are not permitted to be in the parking lot without adult supervision. PLEASE DO NOT DROP CHILDREN IN THE PARKING LOT.
***PLEASE REMEMBER*** Our teachers are out there before and after school to help keep our children safe. We thank you for partnering with us by following the above procedures.